2013 End of Year Book Survey
The Annual End of year Book Survey was created by the lovely Jamie over at The Perpetual Page Turner created this survey for everyone to take part in as an overview of their year in books. It is simply answering questions about your year of books. As it’s my first year of blogging I decided it would be quite fun to participate. I have read some amazing books throughout the year of 2013, so here we go. (Click on the covers, as some of them have reviews) I am sorry that I repeated books so many times :/
1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)
Fantasy: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (don’t know if it really goes here, but it will)
Science Fiction: Freak of Nature by Juila Crane
Contemporary: Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry and The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Post-Apocalyptic: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Dystopian: Pawn by Aimee Carter and Divergent by Veronica Roth
Paranormal: The Fiery Heart By Richelle Mead and Anna Dressed in Blood by Kedare Blake
Adult Romance: Seven Day Fiancé by Rachel Harris
2.Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t? Pandemonium By Lauren Oliver – I love Delirium but I was so disappointment with Pandemonium 3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013? Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. I didn’t think I would like this book at all cause I am not really into all the ghost stuff but wow boy I was surprised it was amazing, and I just could not put it down.
4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013? Depends on the person and what they would like to read. If they like Contemporary The DUFF: The Designated Ugly Fat Friend, but if they would like something dystopian, Pawn by Aimee Carter.
5. Best series you discovered in 2013? The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare I loved all these books and just cannot wait for City of Heavenly Fire.
6. Favourite new author you discovered in 2013? This is really hard because I discovered some amazing authors in 2013. Check out My Top Ten. But after posting I remembered a few more like Veronica Rossi, Kody Keplinger and Katie McGarry.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you? I hadn’t read much Contemporary before this year so any book this year in the contemporary genre was very much out of my comfort zone but I also read an Adult Novel this year; Seven Day Fiancé by Rachel Harris, I simply adored it.
9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year? I think maybe Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. It was such a fun read and I have been feeling like I want to read it again in the past week or so. 10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2013? There are 3 covers from books that I have read this year that I simply loved. Anna Dressed in Blood, Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson and AngelFall by Susan Ee. All these covers are just simply gorgeous, I cannot get enough of them
– ‘The thing about pain…it demands to be felt’ – The Fault in Our Stars, John Green– ‘No Matter where you go or what you do to distract yourself, reality catches up with you eventually’ – The DUFF, Kody Keplinger.
– ‘You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you and you’re like… like the light made into flesh…… you are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen walking this earth.’ – The Golden Lily, Richelle Mead– ‘I know that I am a bird like, made narrow and small as if taking flight, built straight-waisted and fragile. But when he touches me like he can’t bear to take his hand away, I don’t wish I was any different’ – Insurgent, Veronica Roth
– ‘Does this hurt?” Kaitlyn touched the liquid seeping down Quess’s Cheek. Quess giggled. “Crying?” Kaitlyn inclined her head “yes”. “No. crying doesn’t hurt’ ……”Crying doesn’t hurt. But when you cry, it’s because your heart does” – Freak of Nature, Julia Crane
1. New favourite book blog you discovered in 2013?
I only really discovered Book Blogs this year actually so I discovered alot of blogs this year and I cannot really pick a favourite but some that I do quite enjoy are The Perpetual Page Turner, Effortlessly Reading and Speculating on SpecFic just to name a few
2. Favourite review that you wrote in 2013?
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2013 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2014?
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon, I started to read it but silly me started it before my exams started, so by the time I finished I wasn’t really in the mood to read it. But I will read in 2014
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2014 (non-debut)?
3. 2014 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Side Effects May Vary by Juile Murphy it just sounds so intriguing and amazing.
4. Series Ending You Are Most Anticipating in 2014?
The Mortal Instruments, Oh my with all the snippets from City of Heavenly Fire that Cassandra Clare has been releasing gosh.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2014?
I really want to have more content on my blog, I feel like it’s lacking something and I can’t pick what yet, so I hope I can pick it up and do more of what ever it may be.
So that’s it, I hope you all enjoyed. Tell me if you loved any of the books I loved this year! Give me a recommendation for something you think I need to get to. Thank you guys for such an amazing year.