Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list that members at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. All bloggers are then welcomed to join. This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is: Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR but as it’s Summer in Australia It’s going to be Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013.
This week was actually pretty easy as I have read alot more books in 2013 than I have in a really long time. Which means in saying that I also read a fair few books from Authors that I haven’t read before. So here is 10 new to me authors that I read in 2013. (I have written reviews for most of them, so click on the image for the review)
1. Simone Elkeles – I have just read Perfect Chemistry by her but I adored it and cannot wait to read more of her books, especially the Perfect Chemistry companions.
2. John Green – oh why did I wait so long to read books by John Green, I have no idea. This year I read The Fault in Our Stars and Looking for Alaska and adored them both to pieces. I always recommend some John Green when they are looking for something contemporary
3. Miranda Kennelly – Another one that I am angry with myself for waiting so long to read a book by, i just loved Catching Jordan it was brilliant and I plan to read the rest of her books through the summer.
4. Cassandra Clare – I really love Cassandra Clare, I have read most of TMI series and I really do like it. Her writing style is very different.
5. Kendare Blake – I only read Anna Dressed in Blood a few weeks ago but wow it is one amazing book. Her writing style, her imagination. My review for this will be coming in the the next few weeks.
6. Lauren Oliver – I have a love hate relationship with Lauren Oliver I love some of her books then I really dislike some of them. I have only read Delirium and Pandemonium; I love one, I dislike one.
7. Rachel Harris – I received an ARC of Seven Day Fiancé’ and I adored it to pieces which is wired as it’s an Adult book, and I am normally an YA girl.
8. Sarah Dessen – I have only read Just Listen by Sarah but I really enjoyed it, she was one of the first contemporary authors that I read and I really want to read more.
9. Aimee Carter – I was very lucky to receive an ARC of her latest novel Pawn and I adored it too bits. I have also wanted to read her her Goddess Test books for quite a while now, hopefully in 2014 I will be able to.
10. Julia Crane – I got a Copy of Her Novel Freak of Nature from Net Gallery and I really enjoyed it. It was different from what i have read before and I quite enjoyed her writing
So that’s my Top Ten New-To-Me Authors that I read in 2013. What about you?