Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list that members at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. All bloggers are then welcomed to join. This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2014 (bookish, not bookish or a blend)
This week I did a blend of bookish and blog goals/resolutions. It was hard to get 10 but I tried my best and only came up with 9, but oh well . I hope by the end of the year they are fulfilled.
1. Read 50 Books – Reach my goal at the end of the year of reading 50 books as part of the goodreads reading challenge.
The Challenge last from the 1st of January to the 31st of December.
2. Catch up with reviews – I am really behind on reviews, like you wouldn’t believe. So by the end of the year I don’t have any reviews to write expect the ones that I read in December, even then try and keep the number small as possible.
3. Read the books on my tbr shelf – My to be read shelf at the moment is 26 books long and that is not including the books on my kobo and my books on my kindle app. By the end of the year I want to have at least read half of them if not more
4. Finish Series – I have started alot of series, especially in 2013 and I really want to finish them or at least read up to what books have been published. You can check out my finished series here
5. Make Pre-Post – I don’t think that I am lazy but I don’t really make pre-post, I just write up the post before I am going to publish it. The thing is I can go a few days with out writing a post, a review just anything, I just don’t have the stamina to write them but then out of no where mostly at 11 o’clock at night I start writing heaps of post. So I really want to be able just to make post before they are meant to up, especially with me going into year 12 this year.
6. Read and comment on more reviews – I read and comment on alot of post that other bloggers post about, but I just never seem to have time to read the reviews. That is why this year I want to read and comment on as many reviews that I can. I know that I don’t get alot of comments on my reviews and that goes for alot of people so I want to be able to make someone smile when I comment on their review.
7. Do a better job and NetGallery – I request way too many books on NetGallery then end up not even reading them which means I don’t even review them. I really want to get my ration up to scratch
8. Don’t Buy a book ever time I go to the shops – Everytime that I go to the shops I end up buying at least 1 book, I can’t just stop myself, they just look at me and scream ‘BUY ME’ I have to stop giving in.
9. Read Big Books – I have so many ‘Big Books’ sitting on my shelf and I am just always to scared to pick them up, which is wired because I have read big books before. So I really want to read them. They are books that I want to read, they have been sitting my shelf for a bit too.
So that is my Top
Ten Nine Goals/Resolutions for 2104. What are your goals for 2014.